NEXTEC on Building African Smart Cities
Sean Bennet is Group Executive for NEXTEC, an entity of the EOH group. We discuss how NEXTEC helps in building smarter African cities.
Ask how you can collaborate with Future Cities Africa
Listen or watch to understand:
- Sean's definition of a Smart City in the African context.
- How cities can better leverage technology to make cities smarter, enable economic transformation and help make cities more inclusive.
- South Africa's world class connectivity.
- Lack of efficient digital infrastructure in secondary cities/towns and townships, what is currently holding back progress and what success will look like.
- How blockchain could overnight make corruption virtually impossible and give the world renewed confidence in the African continent.
- One thing Sean would change if he had a magic wand
- Progress expected in the Smart City space over the next few years.
About Sean Bennett
Experienced CEO with a demonstrated history of working in a wide variety of sectors most recently the industrial, banking and mining industry. Currently turning around a multi disciplinary set of businesses (NEXTEC) including improving profitability by R1bn in last 18 months. 30 years expertise in turnaround management, strategy, acquisitions and disposals, negotiation, communication, running listed businesses, IPOs, financing, accountancy, debt restructuring.